Having a fresh Christmas tree in your home is a beautiful sight and makes your home smell so earthy. Unfortunately, a fresh Christmas tree can also cause issues in your home. We have gathered some tips to help your tree fresh and keep your home safe while having a live tree.
Some trees contain microscopic mold spores that can trigger your allergies or asthma to act up. Sneezing, irritated throat, nasal congestion, and headaches are all signs of allergies. In homes with live Christmas trees, the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology (AAAAI) found that mold spore count is five times higher. The reason for a higher concentration of mold with live trees in your home is most likely due to poor indoor air quality, which can cause an increased rate of allergies and asthma. So if you begin to feel unwell after putting up your Christmas tree, that may be the cause of your increased allergy and asthma symptoms.
To help improve Christmas tree mold and how it affects you, make sure you do the following:
Our trustworthy and honest service technicians are ready to help take care of your home. Whether you need us for heating, air conditioning, insulation, or indoor air quality services, we will be there to help you until you are satisfied. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. Contact us today at 843-406-1700.
See what our customers are saying about Five Star Charleston Heating & Air! Our team is highly rated for professionalism, quality, and integrity.